Mission & Vision
Behavioral healthcare and addiction treatment is in greater need than ever before. Each day, millions of people struggle with the realities of depression, trauma, abuse, opioid addiction and countless other challenges. At Ten Broeck, we’re focused on delivering the promise of community-based behavioral care, and providing a healing path to our patients to live happier, healthier lives.
True recovery requires more than a hospital bed or a prescription. It takes the heart-centered work of everyone. All of us. From medical professionals to family members. Together, we can work to elevate awareness within our communities, fight
Our mission is simple: improve the health and well-being of the people we service. We achieve this by offering proven and effective community-based behavioral programs that are offered in conjunction with comprehensive primary care services. In each of our hospitals and programs, we have compassionate, caring, dedicated and well-trained staff helping people from all walks of life, and finding the right treatment options to unlock their path to recovery. Our goal is to support every individual – and their families and loved ones – to overcome the painful realities of behavioral health challenges and addiction, and do so in a safe, trusting and cost-effective manner.
Our vision is clear: healing through mind, body and spirit, and bringing an end to behavioral health challenges. To realize such a vision, we need everyone to raise their voice and continue to support this vital area of healthcare. Education is the key to unlocking this promise – and while we have a long road ahead, we can get there. Together.
- We believe in the promise of compassionate, community-based behavioral care to improve the health and well-being of the people we serve – so they can live happier, healthier lives
- We believe behavioral healthcare services should be available to everyone, regardless of who or where they are, or because of their social or economic status.
- We believe that everyone struggling with behavioral health challenges deserves compassion, dignity and respect, from children to adolescents to adults – and especially the elderly, who are often forgotten in their struggle with aging and loss.
- We believe mental health is as important as physical health, and should be treated with the same urgency within our healthcare institutions and across our culture.
- We believe that people – families, friends, healthcare professionals and community members – are an integral part of any behavioral program. Family is essential; they are the best hope for long-term recovery and eliminating the social stigmas around behavioral health challenges.
- We believe that therapeutic services should be aligned with the individual’s needs, and delivered in the most appropriate and cost-effective manner.
- We believe education is the key to unlocking the power of behavioral health, helping people to understand what the challenges are, how to make it more accessible, and what we can all do to help within our communities.
The Pillars of Recovery
At Ten Broeck Healthcare, we have embodied the spirit of our identity to illustrate our philosophy and our deep commitment to behavioral healthcare. It consists of three parts: The Patient, The Pillars of Recovery, and the Foundation. Each of these parts is essential to our unique model, and helps deliver successful outcomes:
The patient is the focus of everything we do, supported up by the pillars of recovery and reinforced by our foundation of experience and core beliefs.
The Pillars Of Recovery
At Ten Broeck, we have four pillars that strengthen and support our patient outcomes:
Compassion – Treating others with respect and dignity is at the heart of our work, and the key difference in helping those in need to live happier, healthier lives. At Ten Broeck, we believe in the power of people to be a positive force and to make a difference in the lives of others, and we live that promise every day – inside and outside of our hospitals, facilities and programs.
Community – The people who support our patients both during and after recovery are the true definition of community, and the Ten Broeck community includes doctors, nurses, therapists, family members – all invested in helping one person realize the possibility of a happier, healthier life.
Care – Care is more than just medical services or procedures. Care is also the human side of our work. This harmony is at every layer of our services, programs and general approach, helping each patient face his or her unique challenges. There is no “one size fits all” prescription; we take the time to listen, assess and professionally administer the right treatment for each individual patient, so they have the best chance at transforming their lives.
Commitment – The end of a program at Ten Broeck is often the beginning, and our patients need continuous support to maintain their health and wellness. Our commitment to help them realize a better life is expressed through ongoing support and education, and further expanding our efforts across the community – raising awareness and eliminating the social stigma around behavioral healthcare and treatment.
Holding everything up is a solid foundation, built from decades of experience and wisdom, helping to set the trusted groundwork for making each patient experience a successful one. The Ten Broeck foundation is 30 years strong, reflecting our mission and core beliefs – and serving as a firm reminder that leadership, vision and an entrepreneurial spirit can help a healthcare organization take action – and ultimately save more lives.